High school diploma and/or bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in a relevant field and/or 5 years’ experience in a related field with 2 years in heavy industrial construction. An AWS and NACE Coating Certification is required.
- Must be extremely detail oriented with proven strong time-management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Welding inspectors perform visual inspections on welded products and structures in progress and on completed jobs. Visual inspections search for defects in the weld such as cracks and pits. The inspector uses magnification to find defects that potentially weaken the strength of the joint. Inspectors measure welded products to ensure that they meet specifications for dimension.
- Reviews project requirements, determines minimal requirements and procedures, schedules, and coordinates with QAQC Representatives
- Performs examinations, inspections, or tests as required by project management and/or client/owner
- Ensure effectiveness of surface preparation
- Responsible for performing visual inspections on coated surfaces
- Inspect items after each coat to ensure compliance with job specifications using appropriate equipment
- Preparation of quality documentation for submittal to customer
- Responsible for maintaining equipment and ensuring proper calibration.
- Prepare daily job reports and discuss projects with Management daily.
- Interpret mechanical, civil, structural and isometrics drawings, P&IDs and plot plans
- Analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine job specific standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy of finished product
- Coordinates objectives with production procedures in cooperation with field personnel to maximize product reliability and minimize costs
- Communicate and provide inspections for project throughout production cycle
- Works with vendors to ensure quality of all purchased parts for Company use
- Review reader sheets for accuracy
- Ensure field employees are utilizing the correct materials and that MTR documentation is available
- Notify supervisor and address potential safety hazards in a timely fashion
- Be professional and courteous in dealings with customers and/or vendors
- Follow all Company policies and procedures and obtain certifications at Company/Client request, including but not limited to, BBP, Onsite Orientations, First Aid, CPR, Annual OSHA Training, PEC, H2S, AED, Reasonable Suspicion
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that the employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this position and the environmental conditions likely encountered during performance. The employee will be regularly required to communicate and effectively exchange information with other employees. The employee will be required to stand, sit, and move about in an industrial/manufacturing environment, including being able to operate equipment and tools requiring the ability and dexterity to reach with hands, arms, and fingers. The employee may be required to lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision acuity, and ability to adjust focus. The employee will be exposed to moving mechanical parts and exposed to a typical industrial/manufacturing environment. The employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions, including wet or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate; however, some occasional high noise levels may be expected.
Position Type, Travel and Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are mostly Monday through Saturday, 7:00 AM to 5:30 PM. However, weekend work and working longer hours will be required when necessary. This position does require travel, including overnight stays.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The employee is expected to understand and adhere to all company and client established health, safety, and environmental policies and procedures.